Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Great Moments in Chisox Uniforms

If the Google searches which lead people to this site are any guide, you guys like stuff about uniforms. To that end, check out Paul Lukas' latest, which tracks the sartorial highlights and lowlights of the Chicago White Sox, a team which at times has been the best dressed and the worst dressed in baseball.

I do take slight issue with his negative take on the 1982-86 duds. While I agree that it looked pretty bad on the players, that pullover with the big SOX-across-the-chest design looks pretty good on throwbacks-worn-as-street clothes, as do almost all of the pullover designs.

I'm not saying I'll never be seen in public wearing a traditional button-down jersey, but you have to admit that there is something odd about them on a normal Joe.

1 comment:

mahnu.uterna said...

In honor of the undeniable popularity of posts about uniforms, I felt compelled to comment. ;-)